Beyond The Bread Two – Recipes Using LunaGrown Jam
Recipes Using LunaGrown Jam
Here you will find a continuing collection of recipes using LunaGrown jam as a main ingredient. All of these recipes have been tried and testing in our kitchen and on our table.
Scones Topped with Jam
2 cups all purpose
1/4 cup granulated white
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted, cold
2/3 – 3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup LunaGrown™ jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and place rack in middle of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut the butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives. You want the mixture to look like coarse crumbs. Add the buttermilk and stir just until the dough comes together (add more buttermilk if necessary).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough gently and form into a round that is about 1 – 1 1/2 inches thick. Use a 2 1/2 inch round biscuit cutter to cut the dough into circles. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet. Then, using your thumb, make an indentation in the middle of each scone, pressing down almost to the bottom of the scone. Try not to squash the outside edges of the scone. Fill each indentation with a scant tablespoon of LunaGrown™ jam.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a scone comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 8 scones.
Jam Filled Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup LunaGrown™ Jam, any flavor
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. If dough is too soft, refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Use your finger or an instrument of similar size to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of LunaGrown™ Jam.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 3/4 cups warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 egg whites
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the warm milk and the melted butter. Stir in the yeast mixture, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in the remaining 2 1/2 cups milk alternately with the flour, ending with the flour. Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks; fold into the batter. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Brush with oil and spoon about 1/2 cup (or as recommended by manufacturer) onto center of iron. Close the lid and bake until it stops steaming and the waffle is golden brown. Serve immediately or keep warm in 200 degree oven.
- Top with your favorite LunaGrown™ Jam or Syrup