The varieties above will be available this week at the following markets:
Tuesday 6-27-2017 at Bialas Farms
Friday 6-30-2017 at Bialas Farms
Sunday 7-2-2017 at Milford Farm Market
Some Great Suggestions on Celebrating with Your Jams this Week!
Cucumber Chipotle Martini
- 1 tablespoon LunaGrown Chipotle Jelly
- 1 tablespoon cucumber chopped
- 5 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce cucumber syrup
- Cucumber slices as garnish
- Place the Chipotle Jelly and cucumber in a blender or bullet blender.
- Top with ice, then pour in the cucumber syrup and vodka of choice.
- blend well.
- Pour the cocktail into a martini glass, then garnish with cucumber or lime slices.
Pineapple Jam BBQ Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Pineapple Jam
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp horseradish
- In a small sauce pan combine ingredients
- Warm ingredients to a low simmer and stir mixing well
- Brush on cooked meats and vegetables while grilling a few minutes prior to serving
- If desired add additional sauce just before serving
Candy Apple Torte Glaze
- Pre-cooked pie shell
- Vanilla pudding or custard
- Sliced fresh fruits and berries
- LunaGrown Candy Apple Jelly
- Warm 4 ounces of Candy Apple jelly and coat the inside of the pie shell
- Allow Jelly to cool and spread pudding or custard inside
- Arrange sliced fruit on top of custard leaving ¼” for glaze top
- Warm 4 more ounces of Candy Apple Jelly and pour over fruit
- Serve the day you create, keep refrigerated!
Jam Filled Crumb Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- ½ cup your favorite jam (not jelly, preferably with fruit chunks)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
For Crumb Topping
- In a medium bowl, stir together dry topping ingredients until combined, then stir in melted butter until damp crumbs are formed and the mixture sticks together into chunks when you squeeze it between your fingers. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9-in square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, followed by the eggs, adding them one at a time until mixture is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to sugar mixture, alternating with sour cream in two or three additions, until well blended. Batter will be quite thick. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Stir jam in a small bowl until smooth and drop by spoonfuls onto the cake batter. Gently swirl through with a knife. Top with crumb mixture, clumping it by squeezing it between your fingers while you work and spreading it into as even a layer as possible.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Allow cake to completely cool before icing.