This is a sandwich! Well yes it is! I personally love Pineapple Jam on a Turkey Melt or a Ham and Swiss Melt. Or of course Pineapple Jam on pancakes with blueberries and walnuts sometimes with a bit of warm maple syrup. Then again Pineapple Jam makes a real nice glaze on BBQ Ribs. But then I found this recipe which is kind of like a fig newton but better so I thought I would share it.
These can be a bit of a challenge to make but are so worth it! I have been searching for the right lite dessert recipe to utilize LunaGrown Pineapple Jam. After some fair recipes and some really wasteful ones I came across this and without a doubt is the perfect treat for when you are treating yourself!
- 1 Stick & 2 Tbsp.Butter
- 1/3 cup Confectioners sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 Cups & 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1. Cream butter and sugar together using an electric mixer until light; about 1 minute. Beat in egg yolks one at a time until well combined. Add vanilla, salt and blend.
- 2. In a bowl whisk the flour and corn starch together.
- 3. Combine the butter/sugar mixture with the flour and corn starch mixture until dough starts to come together but is still a bit flaky then knead gently with your hands to bring the dough together.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and flatten out in your hand, set aside.
- Lightly butter your hands, and take a teaspoon of filling and place in the center of the flattened dough.
- Place the flattened piece of dough in your hand, and fold over and bring the dough together to encase the filling.
- Roll the filled cake ball in your hands, to even out any seams. Shape the filled cake into an equal square.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet at least one inch apart, and bake for 15 minutes on one side, then using a small offset spatula, carefully flip over and bake on the other side for 15 minutes more.
- They will turn lightly golden brown. Let the cakes cool completely on the baking sheet until cool to prevent crumbling. Eat when cool.
- Top with a sprinkle of confectioners sugar if desired, serve with a nice mint tea.
#pineapple #pineapplejam #cake #dessert