Bleeding Zombie Finger Cookies
As a dog owner I am not a huge Halloween fan, but I do love the creativity that goes with this holiday. I love cookies and Jam as well as social gatherings. These Bleeding Zombie Finger Cookies are a wonderful way to get into the creepy spirit no matter how you intend on celebrating.
Luckily these take very little time to make and are a huge impact at gatherings. Children are amazed at the Zombie fingers and delight in eating them! As for adults, well some like giving the finger and what a nice way of doing so by offering up a Bleeding Zombie Finger Cookie.
One of the nice things about this recipe is it can also be made into Skeleton Bones for dipping in your favorite Zombie Jam blood. No one knows for sure what color Zombie blood is or what it tastes like so you can serve these up with any of your favorite LunaGrown Jams.
- 1 1/8 cups Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Large egg
- 1/4 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 4 1/4 cups Cake flour
- 1 1/4 tbsp Baking powder
- Whole almonds
- LunaGrown Raspberry or Strawberry Jam*
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream the butter, sugar and salt in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, then the milk, vanilla and zest. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and mix again.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and blend just until combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Take about 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough per finger. Roll each into a ball, then a log, and shape into a finger with knuckle marks. Make an indent at one end for fingernail, smear some raspberry jam into it and place whole almond in the indent. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. You might need to add more jam once cooled for a bloodied look.
*Note: You can use any flavor of jam you would like, no one says the “blood” has to be red!
#halloweencookies #halloween #jam