Peanut Butter Cookies with LunaGrown NY Grape Jelly
These would be the jam maker’s favorite of all time peanut butter cookies. They are so good we suggest making a double batch and freezing some for later. It is very easy to eat an entire batch of these cookies in one sitting. So be warned!
Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” Charles M. Schulz
Speaking of Love, the pairing of LunaGrown’s NY Grape Jelly with these peanut butter cookies is a match made on the counter top! Great for sunny days, or rainy days. Guaranteed to create simles.
You may choose your favorite nut butter, and even create these with smooth or chunky butter. These peanut butter cookies bake up beautifully soft and stay that way!
Combined with a jar of LunaGrown NY Grape Jelly these make a perfect gift. A thoughtful way to say thank you for a kindness someone has show you. A favorite with old and young alike!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- cream together, butter, shortening, nut butter, and sugars
- add eggs one at a time
- add baking powder, soda and vanilla, continue to mix well
- add flour and beat until creamy.
- Place covered in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- using a melon baller, or small spoon, create balls and roll in sugar if desired
- place on cookie sheet and create cris cross with fork
- bake for 10-15 minutes at 350°
- allow to cool on cooling rack, serve with LunaGrown NY Grape Jelly