Cheesecake Mini’s with LunaGrown Jam
I have a passionate love for cheesecake as many around the world do. Occasionally i’ll enjoy a slice of cheesecake if dining out, as a treat. Personally I choose not to keep a whole cheese cake in the house. The temptation would be too much. Too much for me anyway.
We love this recipe at LunaGrown, it’s simple to make, these little treats are very tasty, and it makes a big impact when given as a gift or at any kind of social gathering. A bit of jam on top, perhaps some crushed nuts, or shredded chocolate and you have become the neighborhood gourmet!
Because you don’t live near a bakery doesn’t mean you have to go without cheesecake”. ~ Hedy Lamarr
This recipe is intended to be used for creating these cheesecake mini’s. I have not tried this recipe in a spring pan, and would assume anyone who owns a spring pan already has a favorite recipe. The corn starch may be omitted for those that are watching the gluten, however your cheesecakes will be less creamy.
When it comes to the right jam to choose, I can only suggest you pick a favorite! If these are to be served as part of a dinner course rather than as a dessert, I would suggest considering the items served prior and post when choosing.
I sincerely hope you take a moment to whip these up for some one special in your life!
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- dash lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yoke
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 6 tbsp gram cracker crumbs or crushed pecan sandies
- In a food processor place cream cheese and sugar. pulse together until well combined.
- Add sour cream and eggs. pulse until ingredients are smooth.
- Add balance of ingredients: cornstarch, salt, lemon, and vanilla. Process until mixture is that of thick creamy pancake batter (it will be a bit thicker but smooth)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Create crust by adding gram cracker crumbs to melted butter.
- Place paper liners in a mini muffin pan and pat a small bit of gram cracker crust in the bottom of each cup.
- Pour batter into cups just about to the top. These will rise when cooking and then fall once completely cooled.
- Bake for appx 20 minutes or until the center is bouncy when you tap it.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 hours (this is very important). then top with your favorite jam and serve.