Peanut Butter Cookies with LunaGrown NY Grape Jelly
These are the jam maker’s favorite of all time peanut butter cookies. They are so good we make a double batch and freeze some for later. It’s very easy to eat an entire batch of these peanut butter cookies in one sitting. So be warned!
“Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” Charles M. Schulz
Speaking of Love, the pairing of LunaGrown’s NY Grape Jelly with these peanut butter cookies is a match made on the counter top! Great for sunny days, or rainy days. Guaranteed to create smiles.
You may choose your favorite nut butter, and even create these with smooth or chunky butter. While not everyone has the time, we enjoy making our own nut butter in the food processor. Our favorite is cashew.
If you choose to attempt to make your own nut butter, a few tips:
- Brazil nuts, Walnuts, and Pecans don’t make good nut butter so don’t try.
- If you are using canned nuts it is not necessary to add any oil, online recipes might suggest so but its not needed.
- Keep your nut butter in the refrigerator not in the pantry or cupboard.
- You might add a touch of salt when processing your nuts, do not add sugar, it is not necessary.
- Enjoy in your peanut butter cookies, in an Asian salad dressing, on muffins and grain breads, or just off the spoon.
- Homemade nut butter is a healthy alternative to commercial options.
These peanut butter cookies bake up beautifully soft and stay that way!
Pair these cookies with a jar of LunaGrown Grape Jelly and create the perfect gift. A thoughtful way to say thank you for a kindness someone has show you. A favorite with old and young alike!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- cream together, butter, shortening, nut butter, and sugars
- add eggs one at a time
- add baking powder, soda and vanilla, continue to mix well
- add flour and beat until creamy.
- Place covered in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- using a melon baller, or small spoon, create balls and roll in sugar if desired
- place on cookie sheet and create cris cross with fork
- bake for 10-15 minutes at 350°
- allow to cool on cooling rack, serve with LunaGrown NY Grape Jelly