Holiday Cake With LunaGrown Jam
This wonderful cake was given to me as a gift and made with a jar of LunaGrown Fig Jam. I expected it to be tasty but I was amazed at just how delicious it was. It is actually more like a winter bread than a cake, which means I won’t feel guilty for eating the whole thing!
It was suggested that I make some caramel icing to enjoy with this treat as it has been traditionally served. However, I have found that plain or just a bit of butter compliments this moist delight and it’s the combination of flavors. I have also found that a spoonful of LunaGrown Apple or Pear Jam enhances the subtleties of the delicate spices.
I imagine I will likely eat the majority of this in the morning hours. However, I am considering it with a nice cheese pairing and for the holidays perfect for that adult gathering with wine and fresh fruit.
This cake is one of those gifts I wish I had given. It is clear that some considerable thought went into the preparation and choice of ingredients. I am thankful and grateful to be able to share the recipe with you.
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup LunaGrown Fig or Apple Jam
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt or tube cake pan or spray with baking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl; add oil and beat well.
- Add eggs and beat until well blended. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir in preserves and chopped pecans.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan; bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.